It is thought to be C.S. Lewis who said, “You are a soul, you have a body.”
Sexual violence invades the space that you inhabit – literally leaving you feeling like ruined refuse.
Here are a few of the ways that I tell my body it is not trash:
1. I wash it with nice soap.
2. I nourish it.
3. I listen to it.
4. When it is tired, I let it sleep.
5. When it is hungry, I feed it good fuel.
5. I give it a nice haircut.
6. I kept it tidy and fashonable.
7. I move it, stretch it, and strengthen it.
I tell it that even though many hands have harmed it, I will help care for it, protect it and provide for it. For I need it, and it needs me for this season, while the soul of me inhabits this dust of mine.